17 September 2010

Macmillan Coffee Morning


I made sure I was near the front of the queue at the school Macmillan coffee morning today. I quickly spied this German apple cake to accompany my rocket fuel coffee.  Turned out it was still warm when I took my first, mouth-watering bite. A perfect combination of juicy firm apple, delicately caramelised syrup, and buttery, crumbly cake. No hint of cinnamon - sometimes I really don't want that spice. And all for £1.50.

I have been scouring Google for a recipe, I make a Devonshire Apple cake from here which is pretty good. And I think I can adapt the English Apple cake recipe from here to suit.

1 comment:

  1. For some strange reason I have been craving an apple dessert for a few weeks, and maybe I can convince you into making me one!

    ReplyDelete